Met A Vet
Thank you for helping connect our homeless Veterans to housing and services.
4 FACTS ABOUT VETERAN HOMELESSNESS
- L.A. is home to roughly 20% of all homeless Veterans nationally, with 4, 362 homeless Veterans on any given night.
- Many Veterans experiencing homelessness may end up living on the streets 8 to 9 times the length of their deployments.
- Since 2011, LA has had a 38% DECREASE in Veteran homelessness.
- In L.A. County, over 500 Veterans are actively searching for housing & the only thing missing is a landlord to welcome them home.
Download our fact sheet for more information on Veteran homelessness in Los Angeles.
4 MORE WAYS TO BE PART OF THE SOLUTION
- Connect-A-Vet to housing services and support by printing out an outreach card to carry with you with instructions on what to do if you meet a homeless veteran in need of help!
- Share our Homes For Heroes flier and webpage with landlords and property owners you know to help us identify 1,000 landlords willing to rent to Veterans with housing vouchers.
- Dedicate units you own or manage to Veterans searching for housing through Homes For Heroes at www.unitedwayla.org/homes-for-heroes.
- Donate to fund move-in costs for Veterans coming home for good.
Learn more about our progress and your communities efforts to end Veteran homelessness HERE.